Organizer can select payment gateway between Stripe or Paypal to process payments for your events. From event posting form, you can select which payment gateway will use for payment process.
- Organizer can use use PayPal as payment processing for ticket sell.
- The PayPal processing fee varies by country/currency and is subject to change at PayPal’s discretion.
- Provide your PayPal email address while posting your events to start accepting payments and to get paid. (If you’re a new PayPal user, you’ll need to follow PayPal’s instructions to verify your account before you can receive any money into your bank account.)
- Attendees are redirected to PayPal’s website to complete their purchase (they’re often asked to log in to PayPal in order to submit payment).
- Funds are deposited into your PayPal account immediately after a purchase is completed, although it may take a few days for the funds to show in your bank account.
- Only the Event Flavour service fee (not PayPal’s processing fee) can be passed on to your attendees, and PayPal doesn’t return their full fee if you process refunds.
- We’ll invoice you for the only Event Flavour service fee you collect for the tickets you sell each month.
- Organizer can use also use Stripe as payment processing for selling tickets.
- The Stripe processing fee varies by country/currency and is subject to change at Stripe’s discretion.
- Funds are deposited into our stripe account immediately after a purchase is completed, although it may take a few days for the funds to show in our bank account.
- Only the Event Flavour service fee (not Stripe’s processing fee) can be passed on to your attendees.
- Refunds can be whole or partial – that is, you can refund any amount up to the original amount of the charge.When you refund a charge, the fees you paid to process the charge are also returned to you. That is, after charging and then completely refunding a payment, the net cost is zero. If you partially refund a charge, we return the pro-rated portion of the percentage cost—we do not return the fixed fee (e.g., $0.30 in the US) in this case.
- Disputed payments, such as chargebacks, incur a fee. If the customer’s bank resolves the dispute in your favor, the fee is fully refunded.
- We’ll invoice you for the Event Flavour service fee plus stripe fee you collect for the tickets you sell each weekly/month.